June 23, 2008

contemplating the sky


I have a fan!

A few days ago, I e-mailed my friend Kim Monaco, to let her know I was planning to quit blogging.
I wanted her to know directly from me, not just feel abandoned when she visits this blog one day and finds a closed sign on the door.

So, today, I made my daily visit her blog, and she's written such a sweet post about me and my blog that I'm all welled up and misty eyed. I feel like Sally Fields ...all... "you like me, you really like me" ....


But seriously, a couple of weeks ago,
I decided to end this blog and immediately felt a sense of freedom and relief - kind of like leaving a stagnant relationship or a job that has become uninspiring. And I imagined myself with time enough away from the computer to sit in my lawn chair and just contemplate the sky.

...the sky above my lawn chair...

So, Thank You Kim, for your lovely post, your kindness, your friendship. And because of you, I guess I will leave this here for a while and not hit the delete button, just in case I decide to do another post from time to time.

In the meantime though, I won't be thinking about it.


I hope you all will take time to Enjoy Your Day! Hugs.....

5 comments:

Kimberly Monaco said...

I completely understand why you feel you must stop blogging... enjoy contemplating the sky and the porcupines without the added stress - there seems to be an endless amount of things to "do" all the time, doesn't there?
Perhaps from time to time you could 'check in'...

You're so sweet to mention me..thank you.
and by-the-way, I did get your first comment... it was on "Friday funnies..."

Kimberly Monaco said...

p.s. LOVE the "Sally Field" reference! Made me laugh out loud!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your break and the freedom it brings. I'll be missing your blog, so I hope you do leave a little note now and then.

sulu-design said...

I totally understand your decision, as I have often thought of finishing up my blogging run, too. I have stepped back from it quite a bit, and have stopped taking my camera everywhere with me - stopped viewing life through the lens of the blog. I so get whee you're coming from. I've enjoyed your space here, though, and will miss your posts. Be well, and enjoy life!

Taylor said...

It's always great to step away from cyber-world and back into the real world. I need to heed that, myself!